Teen Requirements for Obtaining Driver’s License - Under 18 years
- Have your parent's permission
- Complete Driver's Education
- Pass written test at DMV, appointment required. Must be at least 15 1/2 yrs. old and provide proof of completion of Driver Education.
- *New: You are required to bring 2 proof of residency documents to DMV for the written test. For more details: DMV.ca.gov
- Appointments for written tests are not required at DMV located at 2222 Senter Road, San Jose, CA 95112
- Schedule 6-hours of Driver's Training with a Professional Driving School. Permit not valid until teen completes the first driving lesson with Driving School
- Complete 50 hours of supervised driving with someone 25 years or older who has a valid, CDL
- Pass the Road Test at DMV (must be at least 16 yrs. old, provide proof of completion of Driver's Ed & Training and have had permit for at least 6 months)
- Schedule appointments in advance at DMV.ca.gov
Our friendly Customer Service Reps are ready to answer your questions.
Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm PST
Sat, 9am-5pm PST
Fax: (510) 886-4408